I shot this international campaign for Casio watches a while back, and it’s time to show some finished images. The shoot began without concept or content, just a long list of watches to feature and a reminder to make them look great. Over the next few weeks, Kesha’s label and I came up with five concepts that would be doable in a single day while she was on tour.
The concepts also had to work with her tribal/pirate/hippie/punk aesthetic, which is no small feat. Kesha nailed every setup.
Notable moments from the shoot:
- Hearing Casio executives exclaim excitedly in Japanese as the images appear on the monitor.
- After spending most of the day with my standard electronica soundtrack, Kesha asks us to “play something with some balls.” Who knew?
- We switch to Led Zeppelin and the White Stripes.
- For the final setup, prop master Shannon Amos busts out the glitter gun, raining metallic confetti down on the set.
- I continue to find glitter in my lighting cases for the next several months.
Many thanks to Casio America, Sony Music, my crew and Kesha’s glam team, who always make her look great.